Monday, March 15, 2010

All the Works of God are Redemptive


Jesus’ Heart


When heart is dark

and heavy, set

in tangles of

its sunken nets,

when tears and grinding

teeth are spent

and eyes though seeing

are glimmerless...

will Jesus save you

where you went?


You went, or taken

with consent,

the future distant,

foresightless,

your conscience slipshod

misdirected,

and now you’re smitten

...with regret.

Can Jesus save you

where you went?


Forgive yourself

for where you went.

The circumstance,

though seen not best,

is just the thing

He circumvents

to lead you into

His own breast

where You can hear

His heart’s intent...


and know He saves you

where you went.


Copyright (c) 02.28.10 - Linda L. Brown


When a young girl, an intense passion for music was awakened within my soul. Father brought great joy into my life by presenting me with a beautiful organ. It would thrill me to the very fibre of my being, as the days slipped by, to be able to draw forth such wonderful harmony from my beloved instrument.


I used to sit at the organ in the early morning hours, just as the birds began to awaken, and through the open windows listen to their sweet little bird notes as they mingled with the melody of the organ, like a paean of praise to our Creator!


Then, one morning, quite suddenly, and at a time when I was preparing with girlish enthusiasm for my first concert appearance, one of the notes became faulty. How the discordant sound grated upon my sensitive ear. Father, sensing my grief, said: "Never mind, daughter, I will have the tuner come." Long hours the tuner worked on that faulty note before it again rang out all sweet and true with the others. And the concert was a success, because the tuner was successful! -author unknown


All the works of God are redemptive.

-Pastor Edward Wood




Visit the BIBLE VERSE of the Day; In Touch Daily by Charles Stanley;
Today's Reading in My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment