Thursday, June 24, 2010

Just Keepin' In Touch



Photo-art credit goes to a friend who sees nature
as God's second book...all to His credit.

Dear Lord...

I talked to You a while ago
and I'm already back—
I really like to keep in touch

before I hit the sack.
I kinda want to thank You for
Your help throughout the day
I'm glad You're not annoyed with me
because I often pray.
Some days are kinda tough,

You know some nights get pretty long.
But knowing that You care for me...
sure gives my heart a song.

It's great You're not too busy, Lord,
to hear the words I say.

I'm glad I need not stand in line
...
and wait to pray.
And so I'll say good night for now
and then when I get up
I'll get in touch with You again

so You can fill my cup.

The author is unknown, but...
quoted by Shelby E. Mai-Kalani Huff
who, approximately 3-1/2 years later,
survived a bone marrow transplant and subsequent cancer
and is now living a healthy happy "normal" life
trusting in the care of her Heavenly Father
from fathomed depths unknown to most.


Visit the BIBLE VERSE of the Day; In Touch Daily by Charles Stanley;
Today's Reading in My Utmost For His Highest by Oswald Chambers

1 comment: